June 17, 2016

Farm Girl Vintage Anniversary


Congratulations Lori!!! It's hard to believe that it has been a YEAR since we all became sewing farm girls and spent our Fridays sharing the cutest blocks imaginable!

Thanks to my sweet friend, #farmgirlvintage has been added to so many photos on Instagram and is one of my favorite hashtags.


In honor of this very special anniversary, the fun ladies at Fat Quarter Shop asked if I would make a special block designed just for this occasion. I was thrilled to be asked, and had so much fun making this cute little 6" block. The block includes some of my favorite Bake Sale fabrics which Lori designed a few years ago. Lori has kindly made the block available in both 6" and 12" sizes and you can find the pattern here.


I've been loving all things Summer this month, and knew that I had to make some summer inspired blocks.

Sunflowers and Cherries

Pinwheels and Old Glory

And a Layer Cake!!! Which in my mind's eye is a strawberry cake with whipped cream frosting!
These will all join together to become a cute runner for a summer picnic table!! Just waiting for more cute polka dot fabric so I can finish!!



If by any chance you still do not have this amazing book and think that you want to be a farmgirl too, you can find a copy here.

If you would like to see how other bloggers made this block, here's a list of the talented quilters who are part of the anniversary celebration!!
 
Kerry from Very Kerry Berry
Vickie from Spun Sugar Quilts
Erin from Why Not Sew?
Kelly from Kelbysews
Renee from Sewn with Grace
Sinta from Pink Pin Cushion
Lisa from In the Boondocks
Dana from Old Red Barn Co.
Melissa from Happy Quilting
Kim from Persimon Dreams
Marni from Haberdashery Fun
Jacque from Lily Pad Quilting

Happy Anniversary to Farm Girls everywhere!!

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable Debbie! I just might need to drop everything and make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colors and your photos are great! - Marni

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!