April 27, 2015

Daysail (or how I got my "sewjo" back)

 
I've been in a bit of a sewing slump lately which I really hate. I started looking through my fabrics and decided to play with some Daysail. If Bonnie and Camille can't get you out of a sewing funk, nothing can. I decided to revisit the cathedral window pincushion. I haven't made one of these in forever. I made one and my sewjo was back.

I made another pincushion so that I had a pair.
And then i started a mini Sew Together bag. I added some blue polka dot that I found at Joann's and was instantly in love with the red, white and blue.
This is my fifth Sew Together bag and my first mini, and they get easier and more fun to make each time. I love making scrappy pockets and colorful zippers and patchwork on the outside.

This one is a gift for someone special, and I have two more in the works. My sewing machine is happy to see me again!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects! I am so glad you found your sewing mojo again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pincushions are so perfect and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of fabrics, your projects just zing with colour. Glad you have your sewjo back!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to sewing! Your sweet projects are an inspiration. I love making those pinnies, too...must get going on a new set, to keep up with you. Your little sew-together bag is fabulous, too. Everything is even better made "mini", in my opinion...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are back at the sewing machine! Your projects always look so pretty. Don't make us wait so long for your next blog post of pretty things! XXOO
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love to see your sewing. Bonnie and Camille make the best fabric and each series works so well the others too. I will never get tired of seeing red, white, and aqua together. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your pictures and the simple yet effective way you have put your story across - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!