November 7, 2013

Inspiration

I am always amazed how many super talented bloggers there are here in blogland who share such wonderful ideas and tutorials for us to try.


I absolutely adore Amy at NanaCompany. Her style is amazing. Her photos are lovely. And her pot holder tutorial is so much fun. This is the perfect Sunday afternoon project, and a really fun way to use up any fat quarters that you have in your stash.
I made this fabric bucket last year (or maybe the year before). You can find a tutorial to make one here.
These little houses are addictive. Fair warning. Read this tutorial at your own risk :) I made this one to add to this year's Christmas tree. I am counting the days until "tree day".
Jodi over at Pleasant Home inspires me almost every day. Prairie points always looked scary, but she has a wonderful tutorial on how to make them.
I am over the moon in love with Lori's (Bee In My Bonnet) new book. I have learned so much from just the first few pages, and have joined in with her Quilty Fun Sampler sew along. The first week's block is apples, and using all of Lori's tips and tricks, have done the best piecing I have ever done. My new best friends are spray starch and the steam off setting on my iron. All of the blocks in this book are so cute, and I cannot wait to have a sampler quilt of my very own. Thanks so much Lori for such an amazing resource!!

I hope I've inspired you to make something cute this weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That little house! No! I don't need anything added to my to do list! Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Amy and Jodi too, love their style and the way they put prints together! That little house is calling my name:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, now I have to get that book! Just lovely makings at your house! xoRobin
    Thanks for sharing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh me, I'm seriously inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! That little house with a dotty chimney! So cute! Eeeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good reviews Debbie! I'm running to make that cute potholder. I'm a big fan of Nana. I have one of those fabric baskets on my sewing table and I love it.
    Now the sampler quilt.... I feel it pulling at me as I have seen a few of these.
    So many cute things at once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute projects! I've been wanting to make a little house.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!